Broadening Participation Director
Tanya Ennis is the SpectrumX & Research Support Office Broadening Participation Director, effective March 21. Previously, she was the director of the GoldShirt Program, which provides underrepresented students access to engineering. Professor Ennis believes that all students, regardless of their circumstances, are learners and have the creative capacity to achieve and exceed their goals, especially to become and thrive as engineers.
As the mathematics department chair at the Denver School of Science and Technology, Professor Ennis’ passion for teaching helped high school students of all backgrounds exceed math performance expectations. She received a BS degree in Electrical Engineering from Southern University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana an MS in Computer Engineering from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Ms. Ennis brings a wealth of knowledge from both her professional and educational experience when she advises CU engineering students.
She has extensive corporate experience in the telecommunications industry where she developed and implemented large-scale systems for AT&T, Bell Laboratories, US WEST and Covad Communications.
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Founding SpectrumX Broadening Participation Director Promoted at CU Boulder [2023-12-05]
- SpectrumX sends center comment in response to FCC Notice of Inquiry, as agency strives to understand non-federal spectrum usage [2023-10-26]
- SpectrumX holds Center Meeting, movie screening, poster session at National Science Foundation’s first Spectrum Week event [2023-07-12]
- Spectrum Policy Makers, Stakeholders, and Researchers Gather at Silicon Flatirons Event [2022-11-16]
- October SpectrumX Center Meeting a Success [2022-10-24]
- SpectrumX hosting Fall 2022 center meeting at the University of Virginia [2022-09-27]
Areas of Interest
- Broadband Mapping
- Spectrum Sovereignty