The SpectrumX vision is to become a trusted resource within the spectrum ecosystem offering objective, long-term and innovative policy and technical contributions through collaborative, inclusive and integrative education and research activities.
SpectrumX is a complex multidimensional entity consisting of a large, interdisciplinary, diverse group of exceptionally qualified scientists, engineers and educators. Robust administration and management is in place to ensure successful integration across organizations and expertise.
SpectrumX is an NSF Spectrum Innovation Center funded via Award 2132700 operated under cooperative agreement by the University of Notre Dame.
The Center’s Core Activities focus on research, education and workforce development and leveraging existing facilities and services.
Critical to realizing our vision are the Center’s Engagement Activities:
- Developing and evolving strategic plans through Working Group engagement with key researchers and stakeholders across the spectrum ecosystem
- Raising the visibility, participation, and objectiveness of spectrum coordination and regulatory processes amongst key stakeholders
- Infusing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion best practices into the Center’s culture and work
- Building partnerships that facilitate collaboration, promote knowledge transfer, increase commercialization, and impact policy.
- Research (RWG)
- Education and Workforce Development (EWG)
- Broadening Participation (BWG)
- Facilities and Services (FWG)
- Collaboration, Innovation, & Commercialization (CWG)
- Policy Outreach (PWG)
- Administration (AWG)
Each WG summarizes the state of the art in its area and formulates plans leading to improved solutions, innovations, new partnerships, and strengthening the future spectrum workforce. The WGs leverage the team’s expertise in academic leadership, project management, collaboration and knowledge transfer, broadening participation, marketing, and communications. Project Teams (PTs) are formed among key researchers, based on their interests and expertise, across the RWGs to develop integrated solutions to the spectrum coexistence challenge. These cross functional teams create the foundation for strategic planning with input from our External Advisory Board and external stakeholders.
Meet Our Team
The finest minds in spectrum research and education.
Partner Institution Map
Navigate below on the interactive map to learn more about where SpectrumX partner institutions reside.
Each partner-type is listed along the top of the map, denoting institutions that receiving funding through the center, full member institutions, government collaborators, institutions designated as Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs), institutions with whom the center has exchanged a letter of support, as well as unfunded partnerships the center has cultivated: